The Intelligent Transportation Society of America is pleased to welcome five distinguished transportation leaders to its Board of Directors. The ITS America Board of Directors voted this morning to approve the following new members:
- Malcolm Dougherty, Director of the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans);
- Gabe Klein, Administrator of the Chicago Department of Transportation (CDOT);
- Jon Morrison, President and General Manager of Meritor WABCO;
- Keith Parker, General Manager and Chief Executive Officer of the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA);
- Ananth Prasad, Secretary of the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT)
Founded in 1991 as a Federal Advisory Committee to the U.S. Department of Transportation and now operating as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, the Intelligent Transportation Society of America (ITS America) is the leading advocate for deployment of technologies that improve the safety, security and efficiency of the nation’s surface transportation system. Intelligent transportation systems (ITS) encompass a broad range of wireless and wire line communications, information processing, advanced computing, and electronics technologies. When integrated into the nation’s roadways, vehicles, and public transit systems, these technologies can help reduce congestion, enhance mobility options, and help save lives.
A complete list of ITS America Board members is online at http://www.itsa.org/aboutus/boardofdirectors.
Congratulations CEO Parker!