Several regional local governments and consultants were recognized recently for work on transportation projects at this year’s Georgia Partnership for Transportation Quality (GPTQ) Preconstruction Design Competition. The Georgia Partnership for Transportation Quality (GPTQ) is a continuation of the partnership that began between the Georgia Department of Transportation, consultants, and contractors and continues with high quality solutions to Georgia’s transportation needs. These annual awards are intended to recognize creativity, sensitivity and command of technical and organizational skills necessary to forge such solutions.
Here are the winners for the 2011:
- 2011 GPTQ Preconstruction Award for Best Traffic Safety/Intersection Design – Parsons Transportation Group and Cobb County DOT for the Acworth Due West Road project.
- 2011 GPTQ Best Rural Design Award – Gresham Smith Partners and Clayton County DOT for the Garden Walk Boulevard Extension project.
- 2011 GPTQ Award for Best Context Sensitive Design and Public Participation Project – Parsons Transportation Group and the Georgia Ports Authority for the Jimmy DeLoach Connector
- 2011 GPTQ award for Best Innovative Solution – Gresham Smith and Partners and the City of Roswell for the Norcross Street/Warsaw Road at Grimes Bridge Road Roundabout project
- 2011 GPTQ award Best Airport Design – W. K. Dickson and Company and the Cherokee County Airport Authority for the Cherokee County Regional Airport Improvements
- 2011 GPTQ Grand Design Award – W. K. Dickson and Company and the Cherokee County Airport Authority for the Cherokee County Regional Airport Improvements
Congratulations to all 2011 GPTQ award winners!